What small kitchen appliances come to your mind right now? Try to name at least 10 in less than 1 minute! Was it difficult?
I guess you mentioned coffee machine and food mixer. These appliances are some of the most common objects you can find in any modern kitchen all around the world.
Can you now recognise the small kitchen appliances in the picture below? What are they? Do you use them in your country? What other commonly used kitchen equipment is missing here?
Now try to do the quiz below in less than 10 minutes. It is really easy so the time factor will add more challenges.
You can now download a 3-page worksheet to learn more about small kitchen appliances vocabulary. Do all the tasks for better memorisation of the new vocabulary.
The exercises include finding missing words, doing a crossword puzzle, writing the correct spelling of a word, finding opposites or antonyms of words and making your own sentences using the Adjectives you have been given to describe the kitchen equipment.
Download worksheet: Vocabulary to describe small kitchen appliances and equipment (Pdf)
After you have finished, you can now practise your pronunciation. Say the words aloud for maximum efficiency.
Use the following worksheets as guides:
- Vocabulary to describe small kitchen appliances and equipment (Pdf)
- Small Kitchen Appliances Vocabulary and Pronunciation (Pdf)
Listen and pronounce
- Nice tips on how to buy and use small kitchen appliances
- An excellent, clear and detailed description of a real-life kitchen by Prime Instruction & Language.
- Look at an example of an online shop in South Africa where you can buy small kitchen appliances and equipment. Compare these to what you can buy in your own country.
- Discover the common traditional kitchen utensils that are found in Africa. The article is really descriptive and informative. A must-read!
- Learn about the “African Mama” and her kitchen. You will know what it feels like to cook in an African kitchen after you have read this article.