Christmas Vocabulary (Part Two)
This is the second part of the Christmas Vocabulary lesson. You will find the last lesson here. Remember to take notes so that you can benefit from this lesson more. You can also download worksheets at the bottom of the page.
Let’s start the lesson with a quiz about common Christmas presents. It is quick and fun and it will help you to retain a lot of vocabulary.
What would you like to have for Christmas? A wristwatch? A mobile phone? An iPad? Something else? We hope that you have something that pleases you.
There are other presents we can also have during this festival. Let’s have a look at them.
Picture # 1: Christmas Gifts
What do you think of them? Use a dictionary to find the definitions and pronunciation of the words you do not know.
You can pick out five qualities that you would love to have from the picture. Why did you choose those qualities? Can you think of other qualities?
Can you find the same qualities in the word search below?
Picture # 2: Word Search (Christmas Gifts)
How about doing the crossword puzzle too? You will learn the definitions of the words you have just seen. Give it a try.
Picture # 3: Crossword Puzzle (Christmas Gifts)
Excellent! You can now read the following quotes by well-known authors for inspiration.
Picture # 4: Quote by Charles Dickens
What do you think of what you have just read? Do you feel the same way about this festive period?
Now let us have a look at the second quote.
Picture # 5: Quote by Oren Arnold
What about this quote? Are there any other gifts you can think of?
Now let’s have a look at another picture below. Make sure you use a dictionary to find the meanings of the vocabulary you are not familiar with.
Picture # 6: Christmas Tree and Christmas Presents
Are there any ‘gifts’ you would like to have from this list? Can you think of any other presents?
Take your time.
Below is the last picture featuring Christmas presents. Have a close look at it.
Picture # 7: Other Christmas Presents
What is your opinion about these ‘gifts’? If you had to choose one present, what would it be?
Well done for learning the vocabulary. Read your notes now and again for better results.
- Christmas Vocabulary : Christmas Gifts, Learn English With Africa, December 2016 (PDF)
- Word Search: Christmas Gifts (White), Learn English With Africa, December 2016 (PDF)
- Word Search: Christmas Gifts, Learn English With Africa, December 2016 (With Answers!) (PDF)
- Crossword Puzzle: Christmas Gifts, Learn English With Africa, December 2016 (PDF)
- Crossword Puzzle: Christmas Gifts, Learn English With Africa, December 2016 (With Answers!) (PDF)
- Christmas Quote (Charles Dickens), Learn English With Africa, December 2016 (PDF)
- Christmas Quote: Christmas Gift Suggestions, Oren Arnold, December 2016 (PDF)
- Christmas Vocabulary: Christmas Presents, December 2016 (PDF)
- Christmas Vocabulary: Christmas Favourites, December 2016 (PDF)
We hope you learned a lot from this lesson. Until next time then!